Reorganization of classes – This week, because of a shift in enrollment numbers, we are required to reorganize some of our classes. We have begun this process and hope to have students moved by Wednesday afternoon. Although most students/classes will not be affected, there will be some students who will move classes and/or have their class change from a straight grade to a combined grade. Thank you in advance for your understanding, we will make every effort to make these changes with care. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if have questions regarding the process.
Non-Instructional Day for students
Fire Drill (first of six this year) @ 9:30
Student Leadership Meeting – today in Mme. Abell’s room at lunch. If you are interested in helping make things happen at Journey bring a friend and your ideas today (the goal is at least one rep from each class)
Robotics Club begins today @ 3:15 -4:30 pm in Ms. Dvorak’s room. Learn more about programing and having fun with like-minded students
Individual School Photos will be taken today in the gym. If you would like a photo package please have your child hand it in to the photographer today (they were in the package of forms that came home the first week). All students will have their photos taken for ID regardless of purchasing a package or not.
Fox Fest – Every year we honour the memory and carry on the dream of one of Canada’s most impressive heroes, Terry Fox. We will have events running in the morning to help raise funds and in the afternoon students and staff will run approximately 5 km through Sooke. All donations are gratefully accepted and receipts will be given for donations over $20. Students have set a goal for the school of $1000. Remind your child to wear comfortable clothing and shoes for all the events! Parent volunteers are welcome – please contact the office and leave your name and number or email our teacher sponsor, Mrs. Lennox email@example.com
Meet the Teacher/Staff Evening 6:30-8 pm – families are invited to classrooms from 6:30 to 7:15 pm and 7:30-8 pm in the gym to meet the entire staff and be eligible to win fantastic prizes!
Friday – Autumn arrives at 1:02 this afternoon
Exploratory sheets go home with students
- Please carefully go over the choices with your child
- Fill in the form with the top three choices
- Fill in student’s name and all other information requested
- One parent needs to sign the form
- Send in the first choice exploratory fee only. If your family needs financial assistance for an exploratory please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exploratories are accepted beginning on Monday, September 25 in the main foyer at the blue tables
- Each form is numbered in the order it is received
- Some exploratories fill up faster than others
- Only completed forms and fees (if applicable) will be accepted
- DO NOT HAND IN EXPLORATORY FORM TO CLASSROOM TEACHER